PCB Prototype Manufacturing and Assembly
- PCB prototyping is manufacturing PCB samples before massive fabrication. It enables you to confirm the manufacturability of your PCB design in a short lead-time at a small cost, solve possible issues, and avoid economic losses in the massive manufacturing stage. So the fabrication process and quality of PCB prototypes should be the same as massive fabrication.
- From the advanced PCB manufacturer PCBONLINE, you can avail prototyping for all types of PCBs, such as FR4 PCBs of any Tg, ceramic PCBs, high-frequency PCBs, flexible PCBs, rigid-flex PCBs, aluminum PCBs, copper base PCBs, HDI PCBs, etc. PCBONLINE provides fabrication, assembly, and value-added services to PCB prototypes. When you receive the samples and decide to move on, PCBONLINE, with all the successful fabrication experience for your project, can happily provide you with mass production.
- When you send your PCB design file Gerber to PCBONLINE by email at email@example.com or the online quote system, our engineers first review your files and requirements to make sure of your project's manufacturability, and then we give a quote to you. If anything needs improvement, we suggest it. When you place an order, we start manufacturing the PCB prototypes.
- The PCB prototyping process varies according to different designs, but always includes laminate pre-treatment, inner circuit generation, drilling, lamination, external circuit etching, solder mask printing, and surface finishing.
- We purchase electronic components and complete PCB assembly if you need PCB prototype assembly. Because the number of electronic components required for PCB prototypes is small, we can buy them within one day, which is synchronized with PCB production.
- PCBONLINE has its PCB manufacturing bases and PCB assembly factory. With PCBs and components, PCBONLINE can finish the PCB prototype assembly quickly. Besides PCB fabrication and assembly, value-added services for samples, such as IC programming, conformal coating, thermal aging, functional testing, and box build assembly, are available from PCBONLINE.
Prototype PCB Order Pooling
Total Area & Price of PCB Prototypes
- The price of general PCBs is calculated according to the total area of the laminate to be used. The total area of rigid prototype PCBs is within 0.3㎡, including FR4 PCBs, aluminum PCBs, copper-base PCBs, and high-frequency PCBs. But it should be noted that the ceramic PCB price is calculated by PCB piece. While the prototyping price of flexible PCBs and rigid-flex PCBs are calculated according to the total weight.
- The PCB prototype price is custom, so it must be obtained by getting a quote from the PCB manufacturer. PCBONLINE has two large advanced PCB manufacturing bases and one PCB assembly factory, and we complete all electronic manufacturing processes independently. By working with a source factory manufacturer like PCBONLINE, you can have PCBs manufactured from prototypes to massive fabrication at the most affordable cost.
- If you order dual-sided flexible PCB prototypes from PCBONLINE, $200 is enough for you to have the FPCs manufactured with value-added services included. If you order 4-layer PCB prototypes from PCBONLINE, it costs about $100 for FR4 PCBs, $400 for flexible PCBs, and $1000 for rigid-flex PCBs.
- Nowadays, many PCB manufacturers provide online instant PCB quotes. But please note that only simpler FR4 and aluminum PCBs support that. You can go to our online quote page to check your FR4 and aluminum PCB prices. For advanced PCBs, you still need to send your Gerber by email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get a quote.