High Frequency PCB Materials and Specifications
The base materials take up the most ratio in the microwave PCB price, and because of that, PCBONLINE always pays attention to ensure the materials' best performance and stability. You will find materials accessible to PCBONLINE below:
|PTFE HF PCB Materials Suppliers||Material Series||Models|
|Ultralam 3000||Ultralam 3850|
|Ultralam 2000||Ultralam 2000|
|TF-1, 2||TF-1, 2|
|Nelco||NX9000||NX9240, NX9245, NX9250, NX9255, NX9260, NX9294, NX9300, NX9320...|
|NY9000||NY9208, NY9217, NY9220, NY9233...|
|NH9000||NH9294, NH9300, NH9320, NH9338, NH9348, NH9350...|
|Taconic||TLX||TLX-0, TLX-6, TLX-7|
|TLX-8, TLX-8-CL1, TLX-9|
|TLY||TLY-3, TLY-5, TLY-5A|
|TRF-45, TRF-43, TRF-41|
|TLT||TLT-7, TLT-8, TLT-9|
|Cuclad217LX, Cuclad 217GY|
|AD||AD250, AD255, AD255A, AD255C, AD255IM, AD255L|
|AD300, AD320, AD300C, AD300A|
|AD410, AD450, AD600|
|CLTE, CLTE-LC, CLTE-AT, CLTE-XT|
|TC350, TC600, EP-2|
|PI HF PCB Materials Supplier (Non FR4)||Tg||Models|
|Arlon||high Tg ＞250||85N|
|Ventec||high Tg ＞250||VT-90H|
|Nelco||high Tg ＞250||N7000-2 HT|
Specifications of high speed, RF, and microwave PCBs manufactured by PCBONLINE are below:
|Quality Grade||IPC Class 3|
|Conductor width control||±0.02mm|
|Hole wall copper||≥ 20μм|
|Thermal stress||10 seconds at 288°C|
What are the Features of HF Materials that PCBONLINE Uses
PCBONLINE uses and advises clients to use substrate materials that have these properties:
1. Low water absorption. Moisture affects dielectric constant (Dk) and dielectric loss (Df) of high frequency/high speed PCBs.
2. Consistent thermal expansion coefficient of the PCB substrate and copper foil. If that is ignored, then copper foil separation may happen.
3. Small and stable dielectric constant (Dk). The smaller Dk, the better RF microwave PCBs. Because of the signal transmission rate and the square root of the material, Dk is inversely proportional. High Dk is easy to cause signal transmission delay.
4. Small dielectric loss (Df). Df mainly affects the quality of signal transmission. The smaller Df, the smaller signal loss.
5. High heat resistance, chemical resistance, impact strength, and peel strength.
How is the High Frequency PCB Manufacturing at PCBONLINE
1. The line width tolerance of HF PCBs is usually ±0.02mm (but can even be ±0.015mm). Therefore, from the perspective of engineering data, our engineers will compensate the line widths according to different copper thicknesses and measure the etched board to confirm whether it is within the tolerance range.
2. Pit, notches, pinholes, and other defects in the circuit line will affect the transmission effect, and any such minor defects are not allowed in the high-frequency PCB layout. Therefore, after the film is drawn, it must be checked to ensure no pinholes or gaps in the film. The most difficult procedure of high frequency PCB fabrication is chemical copper sinking. All holes must have copper and no blank. PCBONLINE adopts the Plasma method, which is to inject carbon tetrafluoride (CF₄) or argon (Ar₂) nitrogen (N₂) and oxygen (O₂) between two high-pressure electrodes under the vacuum environment. The HF PCB is placed between two electrodes, and the Plasma is formed in the cavity to remove the drilling dirt and dirt in the hole.
3. Solder resistance thickness is also strictly controlled. Because too thick or too thin lines solder masks for several microns can be disqualified.
4. The final destructive test is carried out in manufacturing: thermal shock at 288℃, for 10 seconds, for 1 to 3 times, to ensure no separation of hole wall.
Leading manufacturing capability leads to HF circuit boards of prominent quality. Below is the tech specs of our high frequency PCB:
A.Common stock sheet and parameters
Manufacturing Experience from PCBONLINE
High-frequency board performance and production process is special, in order to produce the best products, the manufacturer must have rich experience in processing production. PCBONLINE high-frequency PCB manufacturing is controlled from the following points:
One-Stop PCB Manufacturing
Quick Manufacturing and Delivery
Custom PCB Design & Assembly
21 Years of Experience