About the copper clad laminates
PCB Materials for Rigid CCL
Rigid CCL is made of copper foil and PP.
Copper foil is an indispensable raw material for CCL production. It is divided into RA (rolled annealed) copper and ED (electrodeposited) copper.
• RA copper foil is made by rolling a copper plate repeatedly. It is mainly used for FPC CCL.
• ED copper foil is a primary product produced by a special electrolytic machine and then processed by the finishing process. According to the thickness, its specifications can be divided into 9um, 12um, 18um, 35um, and 70um.v
PP means that fibers are woven, and resin (epoxy resin or phenolic resin) is used to bond them together in the manufacturing process. To decide which type of PP meeting for your requirements, you can consider its quality characteristics of resin content, resin flow, gel time, and volatile content. Its different types are:
• Woven glass fabric: it is made of glass fiber, and its composition is Aluminum borosilicate, which has high insulation performance. It has the advantages of a large breaking strength coefficient, good dimensional stability, not easy deformation, and uniform weight and thickness.
• Glass fabric paper: also known as glass fiber non-woven fabric, it is one of the main raw materials of CEM-3. It uses E-type glass fiber with a diameter of 5-10um chopped by a paper-making process and dispersed in an aqueous solution. After eliminating lumps, it is made into a uniform paper product on a short mesh paper machine. This kind of PCB material’s price is much lower than that of glass cloth.
• Impregnated fiber paper is a material composed of pulp components
• Resin: it includes Phenolic resin and epoxy resin.
|Parameters Bonding Sheet Type||#106||#1080||#2116||#1500||#7628|
PCB Materials to reinforce PCB
The PCB materials below are used for a dielectric layer to reinforce the PCB.
PCB Materials for Flexible CCL
Flexible CCL is made of copper foil, an insulating film, and inter-layer adhesive.
Flexible CCL’s insulating film can be divided into two types, namely the polyester film and polyimide film.
• Polyester film’s thickness is 25um-125um. It has good dielectric performance, good chemical resistance, and low hygroscopicity, but it’s not good as polyimide film in heat resistance and dimensional stability.
• Polymide film’s thickness is 7.5um-75um. It has good dimensional stability and thermal stability and can be used continuously at working conditions under 200°C.
Flexible CCL’s inter-layer adhesive is used for the adhesion between the copper foil and the insulating film. Its materials include epoxy resin and acrylic resin.
• Epoxy resin has high heat resistance, good dielectric performance, and good chemical resistance.
• Acrylic resin has better processability and excellent flexibility.
One-Stop PCB Manufacturing
Quick Manufacturing and Delivery
Custom PCB Design & Assembly
21 Years of Experience