Heavy copper printed circuit boards are an important element to many pieces of technology including hybrid and electric cars, power transformers and conductors, and more.
Many companies are in need of heavy copper PCBs for their products, but they may not know how to go about finding and working with a heavy copper printed circuit board manufacturer.
This will be your step-by-step guide to finding a good heavy copper PCB manufacturer:
STEP 1: SEARCH FOR MANUFACTURERS
Searching for heavy copper PCB manufacturers has never been easier. All you really need is a search engine like Google or Bing. Use these to identify potential manufacturers that offer heavy copper printed circuit board manufacturing.
You can also ask fellow product developers what manufacturers they use in their very similar products. This can help connect you to a team that has a known reputation for working well with businesses you aspire to be similar to.
After you’ve found this list, compile them together and go through the next steps, eliminating those businesses that don’t meet your needs.
STEP 2: CHECK OUT THE SERVICES THAT ARE OFFERED
Now that you have a list of manufacturers, you have a good place to start. Take a look at some of the services and features offered when working with a given manufacturing company. Here are a few services and features you should look for:
· Software design: You should see if the company you are using will be using software to design their heavy copper PCBs. The use of software for heavy PCB manufacturing and design helps to cut out human errors in calculations that could cause you to produce a number of defective PCBs that will be unusable and a waste of money!
· Ability to change designs: Depending on the manufacturer you work with; you may find that changing your designs is not an option or will cost you a set fee. You should look into this to see what service you would prefer.
· Customer service: An important aspect of working with any company is checking to see how their customer service works. You should be able to contact a customer service representative whenever you have a question or concern.
· Minimum order requirements: The number of heavy copper PCBs you order may depend on the size of your company and the amount of product you are going to be manufacturing. Some PCB manufacturers have a minimum order requirement while others will not. You should check to see what order amount works for you.
· Location and in-hand time: You should be checking in to where the manufacturer is located because this might impact how long it takes to get your PCBs in hand. You should also go ahead and check out shipping and handling rates for those companies that are not located in the same country as you.
After comparing each option’s features, eliminate some of your choices, and move on to the next step of the process.
STEP 3: COMPARE QUOTES
After you find a few viable options, you need to contact the company for a quote. Some companies will have a quote generator on their website. This quote will tell you how much money the manufacturing company will want to complete your heavy copper PCBs.
Comparing quotes is an important step, as it will help you determine which company you can go with depending on your budget. To get a quote from a company, you will likely need to tell your specifications as well as the number of heavy copper PCBs you will need and how quickly you will need them.
STEP 4: LOOK AT THE CUSTOMER REVIEWS
As you are continuing to narrow down your options, don’t neglect to take a look at some of the customer reviews for the manufacturing companies you have still have as options.
Customer reviews will help you to understand how the company you may or may not work with interacts and assists its customers. This will be important in case you have issues or if you want to know if the company is worth investing your time and money into.
You will also get a good read on how well the products themselves will turn out. You don’t need a bunch of defective heavy copper PCBs. Taking time to review the reviews could potentially eliminate a bad experience.
STEP 5: CHECK IN WITH YOUR TOP CHOICES
If you still have a few options left after taking each of these steps into consideration, you should take some time to get in contact with a point person working with each of the companies. Why should you do this? Because sometimes companies may not be able to handle your order size.
A manufacturer’s ability to create your heavy copper printed circuit boards may be impacted if they already have a large order commitment or if they don’t have the capacity to print as many heavy copper PCBs as you need.
STEP 6: PLACE YOUR ORDER
You should have a good idea of what the company will best meet your needs when it comes to the production of your heavy copper PCBs. Now that you know which company to go with, place your order by contacting the company and giving them your specifications.
The company should work closely with you to give you an estimation of the time it will take to complete your order. Working with a great manufacturer will be the key to the success of your product. Without a quality heavy copper PCB, you could risk customer dissatisfaction and a potential loss of your company’s revenue.
Now you have the best practices for finding a high-quality heavy copper PCB manufacturer to work with to help you with producing your products. If you follow these steps, you are sure to find the best company for your needs.
When looking at these steps, take into consideration your company’s budget, time, and location. All of these can severely impact the manufacturing company that you choose to partner with.